Summer


  1. Its been a most wonderful summer.
The bounty of the earth in full swing.
It seems we are in the midst of harvesting, canning and freezing all the goodness that surrounds us.
Rose petals infused and dried for further candies and lotions.
Apricots, raspberries, Oregon grape, Elderberry, Cherries, pears, apples and more.

Lovely visits from family, The Mountain Festival, the youngsters coming of age riding the tractor, ride mower and honing driving skills down dirt country roads just like we did out in the desert all those years ago. I am so happy to be in a place where kids can still grow in such freedoms!

The Mountain Blue birds returned, along with many other summer favorites. I saw my first California Condor, what I sight, almost extinct, the 1,000 chick just born. How bankrupt my soul would be had I never laid eyes on that gigantic soaring wonder.

Deer and Elk roam the neighborhood. They sleep in surrounding fields. Such Majesty they bring. Most creatures here seem very at ease around us.





It snowed Memorial Day and it seems weeding has been job number one this summer. Feels like we are just now getting caught up. Bunnies ate a good deal of the garden, but my Mutant Pumpkins keep growing! I still had a great harvest of avena sativa, plantain oil, chia and much more. Tinctures and oils maturing as summer comes to its close.

The trees began loosing leaves Aug. 1. Last year was mid Aug. before they began to shed. Many leaves are turning gold and red already, the ponies are getting fuzzy. I think we are in for a cold winter.  

Happy Labor Day! So long Summer


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Christmas

Time

Niche