An Impromptu Proving of 1st Snow



It fell on Dec. 6, 2018, St. Nicolas Day. For those of us raised in European homes, every child knows to polish and leave their shoes in plane sight so St. Nicolas can leave some pre-Christmas goodies. So began the season of winter magic.

The storm came through our little Brite Valley, rain, then a flurry of soft, fluffy flakes, eventually it was coming to earth heavily enough to create a bit of "whiteout". Gene and I were playing like kids in the cold white that blanketed the ground. Pinky the paint was covered in a layer of snow, Belle just peaked from her stall door. The dogs were mostly amused, except Peppy, it was incredible how soft this snow left their coats.

A 2 inch blanket covered everything, it occurred to me to leave a clean, sterilized, half- pint jar and capture some to make a remedy.

Water is an incredible carrier of messages. The valley we in live has no paved roads, just private dirt roads. There was no traffic, the snow could come and go as nature intended, little to no human interference. The spectacle of white began to melt, leeching back to the land sorely needed moisture after a long hot summer. By the next day, it was gone, just as magically and capricious as it appeared.

I haven't been in snow since over 20 years ago, then it was short trips with trusty hiking companion Kinney the wonder dog. This was the first time in my life I could revel it, from fall to finish. I never tire of bearing witness to natures' marvels.

I so wanted to capture spirit of our first snow and so a homeopathic remedy was born. From the magical snow that fell St. Nicolas Day 1 drop of the melted snow was placed in a vile with 9 drops of alcohol. This was succussed 50 times against a leather bound book to 1x potency. I took one drop and these are the observations:

Release of grateful tears. Gratitude for winters rest, the cold, the dying of old or that no longer needed. Deeper connection with the land. Much deeper than "eating local". It inspired melding with the entire environment - it feels so good to be here. Peace with what is. Release of human burdens or that which burdens the heart (this will need further description, once I know how to put it into words). Release of tears withstanding harsh life's tests. Release in chest/shoulders (muscular and spinal), deeper breaths. Deeper connection to self, "purpose", gifts. Got very tired, needed a nap.

Pain in chest was released with a cough. Release of heart burdens, felt lighter. Deeper cough cleared throat chakra/lower lungs.

In the days that followed I noted my bones and body more easily accepting the colder environment I had moved to. Living in Southern California beach cities all my life, the winter mountain climate was a bit of a challenge. This remedy seemed to help mitigate the ache in my bones and in overall acclimation.

Also noted: marked sensitivity/sensitive to all impressions (the snow had many animal prints once the storm stopped). The slightest change in routine would annoy me greatly. In my mind, I knew this was the remedy as in general I tend to go with the flow. As confusion and forgetfulness were part of my observations, it took some concentration to re-adjust. I found myself wanting to do, only what I wanted to do.

Confusion and forgetfulness. This is out of step for me, yet in the days following the 1 drop, I found myself checking and rechecking normal daily chores as the most basic things would slip my mind. To my circumstance, this connected to "release of tears of withstanding harsh life's tests". The last decade has been brutal, filled with too much grief and caretaking of faltering loved ones. I think this remedy will "follow well" for Cal. Carb., Cocc., Sepia, Mag. Phos., those that have been worn by life, putting up with too much. I found the remedy encourages rest and recuperation so life can be lived for filling the soul longings of self, rather than expectation of others. I could see how "ice ages" offer the same rest and deep recuperation for the planet that sustains so much life.

That said, I found my sleep deep and couldn't get enough shortly after taking the drop. Once awake, I felt tension free and able to handle chores and clients well.

Increased urination was also noted. Winter is the season that relates to kidneys in Traditional Chinese Medicine. My goal in this winter season is to run up the potency to drainage and note the changes, then higher.

There is more I could add here, but I think it best to let this rest for now, till the higher potencies tell their story.

All in all, I found this little experiment quite enlightening. So far, I know of no other proving of snow. As my body gets stronger and as the Mountain calls, I would like to take a sample of hard pack snow and do a comparison. I do think city snow would also have a different story to tell.

A thought on the confusion, just a few miles over the mountain range on Interstate 5 the grapevine was shut down with the same snow storm. Too many accidents. Californians don't drive well in rain, let alone snow. Many roads in our little area are also shut down as black ice and snow dictate, to minimize human err. But the "confusion" aspect of the impromptu proving made me connect this and thus I think where the snow falls has bearing to what it heals, the need for stillness and consequence of its influence.

This is the reason I wanted to move to a place that still held a good deal of "wildness" and a certain "freedom from human interference". My main goal in coming to this glorious place is for the wild to whisper Her secrets that only homeopathy can whisper to those who wish to listen. I  have so much work ahead, and I look so forward to all of it, so if I don't connect via electronics, know  I am roaming and getting the tutelage of a lifetime!


Comments

  1. Oh how I love the snow - especially the magic of the first snowfall of the season. I love your proving of your snowfall Renate. Us Northern folks do have a different pace and a definite structure to our winter days and nights that belongs only to winter time. Last year my husband and I went up to the Adirondack Mountains during the winter. Having gone there most every year of my life -but only during the summer and fall - I could not imagine what kind of magic could be up there during the winter. I was excited to experience the mysterious. I was enthralled as Bob and I walked at midnight in the midst of swirling snowflakes with a full moon beaming down on us up at Lake Placid. That to me was heaven. Yes, "the cold winter's night that was so deep..." - just like in the Christmas Carol, "Noel" -- that is the kind of *sleep* a person has in the winter 's night. It is a deep sleep -- not at all like the sleep a person has during the other seasons. You captured it. Love you.. Happy Solstice and Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones. JJ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

White Christmas

Time

Niche