Of Life and Death

 


A silhouette I did not recognize. 

Larger, steadier than an eagle.

Come closer my soul beckoned.

Massive, looming, it hovered above the pasture.

I saw the great bird fly. 

A leading edge of Ivory on its midnight wings.

Cruising closer, he hears the unspoken request.

My arms outstretched skyward.

A waggle of his wings as he flew over me. 

Just like my late brother Bob did when he used to fly by us "groundlings" in his beloved planes.

A tear in my eye, a deep gratitude for all the ones that sunk their hearts to make sure this blessed Condor would be born. 

Snatched from extinction, our hearts melted in elation.

 

Flight so different from Eagles, Hawks and Vultures.

Riding the tide of what is provided. A single flap of might wings and over 100 miles covered!

The mighty bird flew large graceful circles, forming figure 8's.

My enormous friend headed westward into the setting sun. A wingspan close to 10 feet.

A day so complete, nature's encounter so sweet.

The Sacred Bird of Resurrection no longer extinct, but gliding heavens tides, right before my very eyes!

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

White Christmas

Time

Niche