Tehachapi Peak

 


 I hiked Tehachapi Peak.

To the summit I went. What a treat.

Something I have been wanting to do since I moved here.


My body healing and getting strong, what a climb!

 

A pine supports a oak, a steady buddy upholds on a steep incline.

A turn of the switchback and  only pines grow.




Views so divine.

Windmills, desert to the East,


 Monolith Cement Plant, Angelino's tread what's left of that mound in a land miles away.



The Norbertine Monastery and Brite Lake below. 

 


 

A storm the day before, icy tree tops crown Her glory.

The frozen wind crackles the limbs and chunks of ice hit the forest floor.




I reach the summit and enjoy a granola bar, it was nearly frozen.

Yeah, it was brisk!



How I love this place! 

Soul renewed, body feels blissful, alive and revived.

Thank you Great Spirit.


Related Reading

Mountain Top

 Mountain

Comments

  1. I love your landscapes Renate. You have everything out there. From the warm, brown, oranges and pinks to the cold frozen whites and everything in between. Your photos are uplifting.
    The Standing People... the 2 buddies side by side - so strong looking - oak and pine. Each with an extended outward arm - like they are ready to dance on their own private ledge. That pine bough that sweeps in front of the oak with such a flourish grabs my attention.
    You must be beloved by the crows that they leave you gifts. :) Happy Spring to you. Thank you for sharing your photos....they are uplifting to me. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest JJ, so glad the piece uplifts! Sure did that for me!

      I so love your description of the Standing People, ready to dance on their own private ledge!

      I was resting on a rock across from them and just couldn't take my eyes off of them. They really seemed embrace in life's struggle. I was happy for them, having each other to hold and support.

      Take good care my friend!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

White Christmas

Time

Niche